Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sara Bakes ~ Chocolate Overload Cookies

Howdy out there in blog-land!

Well...while Sara was home for spring break last week,
she decided to do a little baking.
on Pinterest and knew they would hit the chocolate spot!

I swear, I don't know what is up with these pictures!
They look fine on the computer, and then I load
them into Blogger and they look like this!
I even re-did them!
Grrrrr.


Anyway...you remember Sara, right?
This awesome girl...young lady...wo-man...?
Who am I kidding?
She'll always be my girl.
:)

She just used Averie's recipe and substituted what we had or whatever...you know?

This was actually the first time she's ever baked something from scratch all by herself.
She was pretty proud of these cookies.
By the time I got around to snapping a couple pictures...
These two were all that were left!


Averie's pictures with the gooey chocolate
must have been straight out of the oven.
So Sara's don't look so messy...
Here's the recipe link again...it isn't right for me to post it
here when the subs she made are not significant.
We only had regular butter...dark brown sugar...
and not quite enough dark chocolate, so she just used extra semi-sweet.

Sara made her cookie balls quite a bit smaller and got about
3 1/2 dozen as opposed to the 17 in the original recipe.
She baked them the same, but could easily have cut a minute or two off that time.


They were still soft and chewy, and yummily chocolicious...
but surprisingly not overly so...

She gave most of them away...which was probably for the best.
Otherwise we might have sat and eaten them all with a tall glass of cold milk.
In one sitting.

What's the last Pinterest recipe you tried?
Was it any good?
Let me know!

P.S. I really am working on things...I've finally started
on that hall bathroom that I bought the paint for eons ago...

I'm trying to get the stuff hung on the walls before
I show you the entertainment center makeover...
can't have it sitting in a plain jane room now can we?

So...until then...
smooches!


Sharing here:

2 comments:

  1. She is a beautiful girl, Kelly, and now you can add baker to the list of adjectives that describe her. Those cookies looks scrumptious. Glad you didn't eat them all in one sitting-it's nice to share with friends- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara is gorgeous. What a beautiful picture! The cookies look delicious. I recently made some baked chocolate donuts from a recipe on Pinterest. They were so-so. Don't think I would make them again but of course my boys ate them anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments make me a happy girl!
I love and read each and every one!
I do my best to respond to all of them...even though it may take a while...questions I try to answer right away.